Thursday, February 10, 2011

Items I am currently loving:

1. Loreal Ever Pure Volume shampoo and conditioner.

via Loreal
 I recently decided to give this newer line from Loreal a try because I had a few coupons to go around and after all, I keep hearing about how sulfates are a bad thing and how they damage your hair. After a few weeks of use, I am in LOVE! While my hair was already healthy (I use a LOT of conditioner), I have noticed that my roots do not get greasy. I can go 2 days without washing my hair and it still looks super fresh at the end of day 2! I used to have to use a dry shampoo to get me to the 2 day mark, but not anymore! Also, I used to go for the products that are listed as smoothing or moisturizing, but I have changed my tune and decided that bigger hair it better. But that might be because I’m watching too much Jerseylicious…







2. CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain





This also is a recent addition to the lineup.  I have been very consistent for the last decade (literally!) with what lip product I use. My go to is Bonne Bell Lip Smacker in Pink Lemonade.

Yes, you read that correctly. No, I am not still in the 5th grade. I realize most people think of tweens when Bonne Bell comes to mind, but I love the stuff. And until the last few months, I thought that was all that I needed. But then I decided that my lips needed more color, especially with all the drab winter weather central PA has been seeing lately. So I did a little research and tried many products from local drugstores. I probably tried 10 different lip glosses and lip sticks. But no matter the brand, formula, or color, I kept running back to good ol’ Bonne. Then one day the light bulb in my head turned on. Lipstain! This way I can have my cake and eat it too….aka, have color on my lips and still hang with my BFF Bonne!



I think I have finally chosen Sassy Mauve (420) as my color. Don’t let the online reviews fool you. It seems that people are trying to use this stain are more of a gloss (which it is not), so it is not getting high ratings. But I am in love.


Sassy + Bonne = a very happy Mrs. Moore



Best of all, a lot of drugstores will let you return beauty products that you have tried and are not satisfied with. And that makes it a lot less painful and frightening when trying to pick out a new product or color. Just be sure to read the return policy before hand and hold on to your receipt!



Do you have any new products that have made it into your daily line up?

No comments:

Post a Comment