Sunday, August 29, 2010

Reduce, Reuse... Repurpose??

For our first anniversary, Mr. Moore surprised me with a delicious Edible Arrangement. And it looked something like this:





Photo courtesy of Edible Arrangements
 
See the “vase” that it came in? Not too bad, right? But, still not too good. For 7 months it sat in a junk catch-all” basket in our kitchen.

Then I got the idea to cover the row of hearts so it would blend with our decor and could be used for something other than collecting dust. After all, the rest of the design was pretty cute:


I originally thought to cover the hearts with a chocolate colored ribbon. But once I got the ribbon home and began to wrap the "vase", the tapered sides were just not cooperating.

So, on to plan b: spray paint. And luckily, I had exactly what I needed already in my garage! I taped off the hearts to be sure to only get paint where I wanted it:

After a few coats of paint and a top coat of clear for extra protection, here is what I ended up with:

And if we zoom out a little bit:

You can see that has now taken up residence in my sewing nook to hold odds and ends.

What do you think? Pretty good for a project that did not cost a dime, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment