Friday, June 11, 2010

Wedding Shoe Search

This fall I am a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding. The dress process was simple. The bride gave us a line to choose from and wanted the length to be “short”. Here is the dress I chose:



Photo courtesy of After Six

However, the bride did request it in claret, but still, simple enough:

Photo courtesy of After Six

Here comes the hard part...the shoes. She wants us to wear gold shoes. Here are the shoes that my brother’s fiancé suggested:

Photo courtesy of Sears


Now, I am not a rhinestone, strappy, gold shoe kind of girl, but I realize this is their big day, so I am willing to play along with the gold part.

After searching all of the local establishments for an acceptable pair of gold shoes, at a reasonable price, and completely striking out, I was forced to begin online shopping. As of today, I have ordered over a dozen pairs of shoes from various websites with no luck. Unfortunately, since I am trying to keep the price as low as possible, most of the shoes are very cheaply made and are extremely uncomfortable. I cannot see being able to wear them for an entire wedding. Granted, I will probably change out of them at some point.

Here is what I would ideally like to wear, but very unwilling to pay for:

Photo courtesy of Amazon

I am hoping that as summer goes along more gold shoes will come out in stores. Please cross your fingers with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment